Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What is Your Happy?

I was driving to work yesterday and happen to glance at a billboard that read:
"What is Your Happy?"...."Freedom". Now granted the advertisement was for driving a particular vehicle, but it really grabbed my attention and I got to thinking...what is MY happy?
My mom and sister came into town just for the weekend and we had the best time. No kids around, no husbands, just us girls! We laughed and laughed and shopped and laughed! There is something about sisters, about moms that always brings you home...centered. It was great therapy that was much needed......And that was HAPPY to me.  
2 Corinthians 3:17
"Now the Lord is the Spirit,
and where the Spirit of the Lord is,
there is freedom."
There was a time in my life where I was in debt and when I met my husband everything changed! He taught me how to get on a budget. How to cut out things that werent necessary spendings and he taught me how to save. I am thankful for him and praise God that I am no longer in debt. However, he is on me like white on rice about when I actually do spend money on things that we definitely could have lived without. I admit there are things that I really dont need in order to add to my wardrobe or things that I really dont need for the house, but they make me feel good. The make my home feel cozier to me or my wardrobe feel more "me."
Like this purchase:
This dessert dome completes a little nook in my kitchen and will be perfect for little pastries or cookies that I make! So when I got home from shopping with my mom and sister, I pulled this out of the bag and set it out on the counter. I immediately put the banana bread I had wrapped up on the counter in this dessert dome. I then got my husband's attention and said, "Babe, this makes me HAPPY." He smiled and said, "well good Ashley, Im so glad."
 Romans 8:21
 "...that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God."
These things do make me happy, but when I think back on that billboard I realize freedom would be the ultimate happiness. Freedom from insecurity, debt, abuse, food, (fill in the blank____). This advertisement is exactly right...everyone could probably think of something in there life that if they felt freedom ...they would feel happy.
Galatians 5:1
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be
burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

No comments:

Post a Comment