Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Momma's Love

Growing up with my amazing mom
I saw love at a deeper level
A love that is irreplaceable and unchanging
Love through acts of kindness and words
Love through hugs and a shopping splurge
There is something about a momma’s love
That only she can give and I still crave

Now having experienced being a mom
I have felt love at a deeper level
Even though it was while I carried our child,
It was still irreplaceable
And unchanging
And there was something about that love
Something that I still crave

I’m now a mom again
And this love is even deeper
This love is stronger  
It protects
And It patiently awaits
What a glorious day it will be
When I look into my child’s eyes
And love…

Momma,
I understand the love you have for me now
And I love you even more having experienced
just a glimpse of what it’s like to love a child
Thank you for setting such a godly example
of what love is supposed to look like.

1 comment:

  1. I love your words, I love the poetry you post. You always make me smile!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete